I also disagree... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 12:20 (3416 days ago) @ HavokBlue

If you really need an arc sniper for arc burn weeklies, it's alright, but other than that, unless you're a collector... probably don't bother.

There are many better Legendary snipers for PvE, and in Crucible the invisibility is largely useless. It only really has utility on large maps like Skyshock, First Light, and Bastion, but since none of them are in a regularly available playlist...

I bought it because Cody told us not to, and I never regretted it, despite already having two amazing snipers (Epitaph and Boss). It's a gem of a weapon; beautiful sound, six-rounds, and high impact... Completely unleveled, it wrecked that nightfall, and I leveled it up more since. I've never taken it into Crucible, but I've gone up against a large number of them. Even with the glare, they're tough to fight, because you have to calculate the head's position. I often end up hitting the chest, giving them time to return fire or duck behind cover.

In PvE, the high impact and mag is invaluable, the whole invisibility is a neat perk, but not the selling point.
In PvP, it's got six rounds and decent stability, with the invis being a neat gimmick that can actually save your life against other snipers (also, people flanking you might not spot you right away).

Solid gun, get it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread