Mic trouble (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 14:47 (3403 days ago) @ stabbim

Has anyone else had trouble with the mics on the XB1?

Not really. The headset's built like crap and won't stay put on my head, but the actual mic works very well. Even out of position, it picks up my voice MUCH better than the 360 ever did. The 360 had trouble recognizing that my voice was a voice, and would constantly stop transmitting right in the middle of a sentence.

What I have had, at least until I switched routers, was a frequent inability to join voice chat sessions (both XBL and in-game chat) and games due to the XBone not liking my NAT situation. It doesn't sound like that's what's happening to you, though - if it were, switching headsets wouldn't help at all.

I wonder if there is actually something wrong with the port on your controller where the headset connects. You don't have a 2nd controller to try, do you?

No, not yet. Don't really need one, don't really want another black one, and don't like what else is available. This one is okay, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread