Mime in the Vault (VoG Run Notes) (Destiny)

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 23:18 (3401 days ago)

By the end of this, you'll all be glad I didn't have a mic.

In the past two days, I've gone from level 27 to level 30, with just a TON of grinding through bounties and hope-- not to mention getting a brand new Exotic Bounty (Bad Juju; oof, wish me luck, folks)-- and I decided that today I wanted to set aside some time to do something special.

Today, I would finally do the Vault of Glass.

Thankfully, Kermit was doing a Vault run today! So I had RSVP'd, and the time came, and... I still didn't have a mic. Every single other person on the team did, and I could barely even hear them (gotta love chat issues), but that quickly resolved itself. As luck would have it, one very unfortunate individual would be my unwitting mouthpiece by way of the PS4's rather shoddy message system: Lichtonatus! The first one to join me in the tower, he sadly had to talk to himself and wonder if I was even a functioning human being until I worked out a system of... just dancing to say "I understand", basically.

But it worked out that everyone else showed up very shortly thereafter, and they were all talking, and becoming quickly acquainted with the fact that I couldn't talk back. Off we went!

(ALSO, thanks to Bones and PrinceChadius! You guys were super great and understanding as well.)

So what's next? Crota's End! I can't wait to try that as SOON as humanly possible. Tomorrow, in fact, if anyone's up for it! And I promise, I've purchased a mic, and it is in transit to me as we speak, honest. In the future, I will be a vocal part of the team!

If that's a good thing. Jeez, would you look at all this? Thanks, guardians. You made my day.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread