Strange coins are strange. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:32 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

So the only change is only a possible increase in number, right?

I'm not in the same rarefied company as some in that I never feel like I have enough coins and remember several occasions where I had 12 or 22 and desperately needed one coin, which I worked hard to get but didn't receive until ... Sunday. This seems like a good change to me.

Depending on how you play, you're either drowning in strange coins or you never have enough. I used to be in the same boat as you, Kermit. I missed out on buying Gjallarhorn, Suros Regime, Mida Multitool, and several other weapons I wanted, because I never had enough coins. But as soon as I got multiple characters up to raid/nightfall level, the scale tipped and now I have loads of coins and nothing to spend them on.

The thing is, running multiple characters allows you to earn way more coins, but you also earn more weapons in the process. So when Xur does come around, he rarely has anything that I need. So it might be worth getting at least 1 other character leveled up to the point where they can run the weekly heroics (if you don't already). You might be able to find the happy middle ground that I sailed right over :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread