the funny thing about raid cheeses (Destiny)

by Earendil, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:52 (3400 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Bungie gives you ZERO information about how the encounter should play out. you are left to figure it out on your own. Some people find the most optimal way of doing it, then it gets patched for doing it "the wrong way."

Humm, this is true. However when the found way is only attainable by certain classes, or using maxed agil weapons, it's safe to say that isn't the "right" way, because Bungie wouldn't intentionally leave a race behind.

I also love that in most Bungie games dieing isn't a requirement for figuring something out. Sure, you might die, but there is nothing that forces it. I remember a tomb raider game where a rock drops on your characters head without warning. There was some fancy way to avoid it, but you had to figure out that fancy way by dieing to the rock a half dozen times. It was a bad game experience and completely took you out of the moment. I like that Bungie doesn't have many (if any) of these moments.

I agree the LAN disconnect should be patched, but using physics, or just simple game mechanics (such as jumping across) are harmless. Our guardians are warriors in a new a terrifying territory, and you're telling me that they can't just take the indiana jones way out?

[image]

Fun Fact: The Indiana Jones way only exists because Harrison Ford was sick when that scene was to be shot, and he didn't want to fight him. The scene eventually lends it's self to his character's laziness and sense of humor, two things I don't think we're trying to build into Destiny charactes. We're bad ass, all the time :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread