I Agree With Cody. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 10:11 (3403 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And no, it's not because he's my hero!

I got 7 Ascendant Energy(which hey, I'm still glad to have), but that completely defeats the purpose of Nightfall.

The Weekly Nightfall Strike is supposed to be one of the hardest and most error-costly challenges that you can ever face in Destiny(save for the Raids), and we're supposed to get untold rewards of the highest caliber that would make the endeavor worth it and make us want to come back. Ascendancy is good, but not for something as challenging as Nightfall.

Lemme tell you a story--one I might have told before.

I have an alarm set on my iPhone to go off at midnight every single night, that reminds me to load up Sonic Dash, Crazy Taxi:City Rush, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and Sonic Jump Fever.

Shut up.

When I do that, I get a daily reward for coming back, which increases in amount and variety for each day. Each day, I get something different, sometimes new, but most importantly, more.

Now to my point. I love Destiny. I really do.(well, the single player/PvE.) But the only reason I keep coming back every single day, is because of Bounties, Daily Heroics and Public Events--specifically in that order. Since Bungie is....almost pretty much taking a page from those same mobile game mechanics, they should take another one, and increase Daily Heroic Rewards on a progressive, increasing incentive. 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 with a special engram, 85% Legendary, 15% Exotic. People would come fucking running.. And it doesn't have to be all the same thing. A randomizer would be almost perfect in a situation like that:

[*] 2 Energies
[*]2 Energies/2 Shards
[*]4 Shards/2 Energies
[*]5 Energies/3 Shards
[*]10 of either, or just any other "=10" combination.

How good would it feel if you did a Daily and got all that, plus a friggin' Plan C or a Dragon's Breath or (insert Exotic weapon you have a boner for)?

Now, in one of my games, Sonic Dash, if you got to Day 5 and kept going, they'd just keep you at Day 5 and you'd get the best rewards forever as long as you don't screw up and forget to come back. As they quickly realized themselves, doing that in Destiny would be an absolute disaster. So, after Day 5 the rewards reset. That would disharmonize a lot of people, sure. But how about this? After 20 consecutive days of Daily Heroics completed, you get a GUARANTEED EXOTIC!!

How's that!?

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread