Well, I Bought An Xbox One, But...*NSFW* (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:10 (3403 days ago)

So, I probably shouldn't have--in fact, I know I should've waited--but I got an Xbox One for my Christmas gift a few days ago. I am indeed happy that I now will be prepared for Inside, Halo 5 and am now equipped for LocoCycle, Spartan Assault 3, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall.

However, I will not be playing Destiny on it. I'm well aware of the now idiotic hubris I will suffer.

I'm not playing that stupid...curved...screen...shit.

Despite the instant pause menu load time(Bungie, work on that for us, please?), the immediate explosion in popularity, the drastic improvement on finding Raid partners, the ability to actually record the crazy bullcrap that happens to me on the spot and the Snap tool for Public Events...none of that makes up for having the absolute worst heads-up display ever known to mankind. Yes, Halo 3's HUD was a little curved, which I had no problem with. It looked realistic and reasonable, and even straightened out when the camera pulled out of your helmet. But that crap on Destiny looks like that Star Wars effect, or pinching the camera to a good 1000% too far back. Every time I look at a Destiny video, it's on the PS4 or XB1, and the hud makes me absolutely sick. I want my screen flat, I want to stay with the last generation, mainly because my last generation still works. Not to mention, when you switch your characters and stuff to Xbox 1, you can't switch back! So no, I'm not permanently damaging my vision for that--no matter how long it takes for my pause screen to load.

But seriously. Bungie? Fix that.

(Really hope there's going to be a Sonic game coming to this platform too. 60fps? Hell yes!)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread