Yep, I made a diagram. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:12 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

My apartment isn't very big, and my daughter is sleeping in the room right next to me, with the door open. Can't risk waking her up at 2am :)

Get her one of those white noise things.

It's not just her though, it's my wife too. The layout of my apartment is basically a giant pain in the ass when it comes to doing stuff at night while my family sleeps.

[image]

The baby's room is small, and 70% floor-to-ceiling windows. So I can't close the door to her room without it getting freezing cold in there. There's a second door in the baby's room that leads to our bedroom. That door also stays open (for the same reason, and so that the bedroom doesn't get too stuffy).

Since the doors are open, I can't make noise or even use our big TV. The flashing light it casts keeps my wife awake. So I use a tiny little TV that I put on the coffee table in front of the couch. I've tried using a humidifier in the baby's room for white noise, but it also keeps my wife awake (she's an insanely light sleeper).

I even have to wrap a blanket around my hands & controller while I play, just to muffle the 'clicking' sounds the buttons make.

Basically, I face a truckload of first world problems while playing videogames at night :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread