A Solution to AFC'ers (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:32 (3386 days ago) @ petetheduck

I completely disagree with players having the ability to kick, regardless of criteria. It comes with it's own set of problems, isn't an effective solution, and just isn't elegant.

I think the best solution is to add a secondary criteria to matchmaking based on some kind of performance metric for the player's previous Strike(s). It would need to compensate for join-in-progress scenarios, but basically players that kill a lot of enemies would be matched with players that also kill a lot of enemies.

And players that don't would be matched with other players that don't. If 3 AFKers are in the same Strike, does it make a sound?

That's quite good, pete. Do you think it would match up folks that like to kill everything together, and the ones that don't (speed runners)?

I mean, I'd be happier to play with people that like my "eat everything on your plate" approach, as much as the speed runners I meet get annoyed that I lag behind.

I'm now reminded of Reach's little matchmaking preference thing too. Did that game have that? Regarding team communication and style of play?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread