"I just really need one more Gjallarhorn..." (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:26 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

The RNG gods haven't exactly been kind to me over the past 2 weeks. 3 nightfall strikes last week and 3 more today have given me nothing but shards, strange coins, a mediocre pulse rifle and the same crappy hand cannon 2 strikes in a row. 6 runs through Crota's End (3 last week and 3 this morning) have yielded no exotics, the same machine gun twice (which I already had) and the same rocket launcher 4 times (all 3 runs today. WTF. Also, I already had that one too). My Vault of Glass runs have been similarly unsuccessful: no exotics in 2 weeks (except for my 4th Mythoclast... Sorry Speedracer ;p) and still no vision of confluence.

*One minute later*

[image]

In the span of two hours, I got
the final raid helmet,
a Monte Carlo (my third),
Claws of Ahamkara (my second, but better stats),
Dragon's Breath,
No Land Beyond (lolwtfno),
Light of the Abyss (my third),
Swordbreaker (my second),
and a Gjallarhorn (my third)...

I imagine that if I had run my Warlock as well on the final raid, I would have gotten another Hawkmoon, a Black Hammer, and a 4th Horseman. :P

I did feel bad that literally every single game we played last night, you were getting screwed over, while everyone else was being showered with rewards... I'm sure Guardian would have gotten some sick pleasure out of it, though...

It got to the point where it was just funny... You were having amazing drops, the rest of our group was getting cool stuff... Even the dude who joined 5 minutes before the end got a Thunderlord! Yet I got absolutely squat 3 Nightfalls and 3 raids in a row.

Not that I'm seriously complaining. I've had my share of great luck too. I've just never had such a bad stretch before :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread