Thorn, and how it taught me to play Crucible (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 08:26 (3384 days ago) @ Up North 65

I've done the bounty a couple of times as a Titan and once as a Hunter.

The first time with Titan was tough, because I didn't even have the Defender class unlocked to at least give me a void melee and grenade chance.

The second time it was so easy as I had an Atheon's epilogue and a void crash shotty that I would wreck with, and a void rocket launcher. I had it done in about 5 games.

Recently though I just did it on my fiance's hunter and it was much different, and the first time I played hunter in crucible. On that one, she had a nice void HMG, but a crappy void fusion rifle.

Screw that, I hate fusion rifles.

I went to banshee and by chance, he was selling a green void shotgun, with 4 shells and a fast reload perk. I bought it, and by playing conservatively was able to get it in about 10 games with her hunter.

What helped the most, was simply playing the game as normal with her hand cannon, and then when Heavy ammo would spawn I'd whore the hell out of it. I would hold back with the HMG and go on a 10 kill streak almost everytime, just by not rushing into places (playing control helped quite a bit as well).

I had a game or two on a map I didn't like with a hunter I didn't know that set me back, so at that point I gave up on void kills and settled for just finishing the match in the positive. Then I'd go to town again.

It can be done, but taking breaks and bringing a friend or two can really help for sure.

Otherwise, I'd tell people to avoid the bounty until they have a couple of void weapons, preferably a HMG over rockets, and then play control with a spotter. Pick one territory that is always being fought over, or pick one and just defend it and you'll get far quickly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread