Let me stop you right there... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 02:06 (3394 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, apparently people are saying that hive disrupter on Word of Crota breaks the Phantom Gift perk, similarly to how White Nail on Black Hammer gets broken.

It's almost like that one specific perk clashes with ammo-returning perks due to unforseen coding issues!

That's twice now. Same issue. How does this happen? Does Bungie have ANY testing team?

When you have a basic item such as "More damage against x", you don't expect it to clash with an ammo-based perk, so I imagine that it would slip by unnoticed. Heck, maybe their build worked perfectly, and the bug only surfaced when paired with an update (The CE pulse rifle can shoot through Hive walls, which was a bug applied to the Timepiece in the update, remember?

If you get this gun, you MAY want to hold off on getting this perk.

Let's look at your suggestion: Disregard the ability to permanently do increased damage on Hive Majors... because we won't get one bullet back in the uncommon event that we manage to quickly land three headshots on an enemy.

I have the hand cannon, and I'm gonna get the Disruptor, because common sense prevails.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread