You lost me at Heart of the Praxic Fire... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 07:42 (3389 days ago) @ Fallout

Really appreciate the reply - all critiques are 100% welcome in my book. I replied directly in the comment section of the vid. Sorry, I'm at work ATM, but I'm happy to talk about it more when I get the time :)

Sure thing. I replied to your comment, but I'll repost it here, in case there's any local interest of one perspective:

Thanks for replying. The difference between 1.5 seconds and 1.3 only applies to the highest-tier (100% Discipline), as there is a soft-ceiling to the cooldown of grenades. The difference is more dramatic when you have less Discipline (Given that Sunsingers benefit greatly from Str, Int, AND Dis, builds that favor any/a mix of the traits are common). That's where 0% Discipline shows the biggest change (7 grenades per Radiance with HotPF versus 4 without). Three more grenades can make a huge difference when defending and when assaulting an area, especially with the Firebolt grenades.

I've often used Radiance to spam Solar grenades to disorient the enemy team while I jumped into the fray, meleeing and shooting while I took advantage of the faster cooldown afforded by HotPF (Such as this video: http://youtu.be/_gHXbqsSvBw), so while you might not spam every grenade possible, simply being able to throw more in less time can definitely change the course of a fight, and having that kind of control in a fight thanks to one piece of gear should win the HotPF some points. Ultimately it does come down to how you use the Sunsingers, since I do enjoy the perks afforded by the Claws of Ahamkara and Sunbreakers, and I have even run Voidfang Vestments before, but given my aggressive playstyle (and the fact that I don't wear Raid legs outside of PvE), this is, in my own opinion, the ideal Sunsinger Exotic for PvP.

Also, though the video is long, it was nevery OVERLY long. The class is pretty complicated, and each perk and point deserved analysis. While I don't expect your next videos to be as long (all other classes are more straightforward), I feel that this one could have been a bit longer and remained completely engaging. Excellent job.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread