Hey Guardian Radio (Destiny)

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 07:15 (3368 days ago) @ Korny

I hope they were talking about how stupid that idea was.
It's saying "The way it works just isn't convenient enough for me, and I don't want to be bothered to put in the extra work to receive more rewards. I should be awarded triple the rewards for my laziness!"
Once per character works just fine. Anything beyond that, and there is little incentive to make more than one character, which is dumb...

I actually disagree with you a bit on this. I personally think Cody's suggestion would give me more of an incentive to make three characters, specifically one of each class. Right now, I only have one character high enough to play end game content. As it stands, I am planning on building up my two alts as the same class as my main, which means that I would basically be committing myself to a hunter for the duration of destiny. I am doing this because its easy and convenient to just switch the armor over and have three high level characters much faster than I would otherwise. And I don't do this because I am lazy, I do it to maximize my playtime. I work a 40 hour per week job that usually takes up closer to 60 hours. I have a wife and a 4 year old daughter. For me play time is limited.

What usually ends up happening for me is that I play through my weekly routine: Nightfall, Weekly Heroic, Raid, and try to knock out some PvE bounties along the way. Once that is done, I am usually done for the week. Because its at this point that my friends switch over to their alts and run all that high level content again. I could run it with them, and I often do, but I don't get any new chances at rewards. And frankly, its discouraging to see the end game rewards pop up for everyone but you. So I usually stop playing Destiny while my friends play on without me.

If I could use the same character to get rewards three times, I would absolutely end up playing more Destiny than I do now. I would gladly run everything with my friends again and again. And I don't see how my playing everything more could possibly constitute as lazy. And I would absolutely create one character of each class, because then I can dedicate a week to each class. If I could play through the content three times on the same character, I would spend a week playing through as much as I could with a warlock. Play everything three times. The next week, I would devote to a titan and play everything three times with it. It would maximize my playtime, while at the same time give me more incentive to keep playing. I would definitely play destiny more, and I think I would get a much fuller experience of Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread