What to buy from Vanguard (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:06 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have vanguard marks and commendations burning a hole in my pocket. The only Vanguard weapons I have are Another NitC, and TFWPKY. Neither I really use.

Are there any other vanguard guns worth getting? I'm just looking for something that would fit in as a contingency in case I need a legendary in the slot instead of an exotic or something. I was thinking of the fusion rifle possibly, although I rarely use those in PvE.

Same thing for Crucible gear.

Up For Anything is a pretty decent autorifle. I don't use autorifles much, but when I do I tend to favor the slower-firing, heavy-hitting versions (like the old Shadow Price Vanguard rifle, or the Grim Citizen Crucible rifle). Up For Anything isn't quite as slow and stable as those, but of the current crop of autorifles it's the closest I've seen.

LDR 5001 is a very good sniper rifle (and I don't even like sniper rifles, generally). I have one that's arc, like the vendor sells, but it was a drop so the perks are different. The one the vendor sells actually has armor piercing rounds, which would be very useful even if the gun generally sucked (which it doesn't).

None of the others really jumped out at me. The stats on Plug One:1 actually look pretty good, but I'm not sure it's worth spending marks on a solar fusion rifle when you probably already got a Murmur for free. I have a Time on Target pulse rifle but honestly it seems pretty meh to me. It didn't really do acceptable damage until I maxed it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread