Named weapons

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:53 (4055 days ago)

After reading the OXM article, I started thinking about those super awesome named weapons and how we will acquire them in the game. What if they were one of a kind weapons? Meaning, Destiny being a game that takes place online and not on your console, what if there is only one Thorn or one Pocket Infinity or one Super Good Advice for only one player to acquire in the entire game? That would definitely make those weapons feel more unique. And then, not only would they have a history to their name, but they would also have a history as to which players have carried that gun after it was discovered.

Maybe it's a weapon that you tear from the cold, dead hands of a Fallen Lord you just obliterated after what seemed like an eternity of combat. Let's call it Myth. You learn of Myth's history, and then you become the only player in the world of Destiny to be carrying that gun. All of the other players know it too. Maybe other players can earn the right to challenge you to a duel for the gun? Maybe it can be looted off of your body in multiplayer matches?

There do seem to be problems with these ruminations though. If anyone can challenge you to a duel, your whole story experience would be ruined by constant interruptions of players wanting your gun. Also, it might take away that feeling of "I can acquire whatever that-guy acquires in the game, as long as I become skilled enough." But I'm just speculating here, and I'm curious what you guys think about it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread