The Sunsinger: Perspective from a PvP Gunslinger (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:10 (3372 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Hahahahaha!

Hunter suits me just fine, sir. Just fine. I spend a lot of time leveling up guns rather than playing "for serious" which is why my lifetime K/D isn't so high. I've also been trying to get better at blade dancer, as I think blink provides a major advantage in pvp. When I do play for real, I'm using a Shadow Price with Outlaw, Field Scout, and Reactive Reload. Basically a perfect roll, hence the heavy use of Autorifles.

But if you want to parse numbers, I'm still averaging 3,087 points per game, where - for comparison's sake - you are averaging 2845. So I'm doing just fine. I couldn't see where you pulled the golden gun kills vs. other ability kills stat from (I show over 2000 kills from abilities, but I know a ton of those are tripmine grenades (I run with Lucky Raspberry to get a fresh 'nade on respawn), but GG is certainly an ability I could use more often if I was using it for kills, but I tend to save it for popping Titan bubbles (also results in fewer kills since 2 shots go to the bubble every time).

--

My point here was that, despite being a pretty good PvP hunter, and a pretty bad PvP Warlock, the Sunsinger still feels way more powerful than the hunter. It's weird, because I don't do nearly as well, but I feel stronger. Which probably leads me into more vulnerable situations because I think I'm indestructible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread