Vault of Glass virgin... (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:08 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

I tend to think that these "regular groups" form organically, and are based on behavior people already have.

The "regular" groups that I am a part of have definitely just formed organically -- generally just by having a bunch of people on my friends list and joining/inviting freely.

The first time I did VoG, I got a random invite from Korny and I joined without knowing him very well at al or knowing what they were doing. Next thing I know, my shipped dropped me off on Venus as the five other guys in my new fireteam were opening the door. I just went with the flow and started joining/inviting many of those guys for strikes or VoGs. I don't even remember who all was in that first raid, but I'm sure at least 2-3 of them are still in my core group of playmates. Fast forward a few weeks and I had a pretty regular group of friends that I would play with almost every night and then we soon decided to all go for the Flawless Raider trophy together. After 3-4 weeks of trying for Flawless Raider a few times per night, 4-5 times per week, 5 of us finally achieved the impossible. Getting that trophy with that core group has been the pinnacle of my gaming experiences - and I hate to think how the last 5 months of my Destiny playing would have been if I had hesitated to join that random group and then continue to play with some of them.

In general, my fireteam is always open and I like it when people join my fireteam and say, "hey, whatcha doin?" I also usually don't hesitate to do the same and just join any other DBOer on my friends list that doesn't already appear to be in a full fireteam.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread