Dude, you really need to... (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 30, 2015, 19:54 (3366 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Plus, I'm getting badgered about "not knowing I have two other guns" and "not having any other weapons". Don't any of you think I know that? That's why I had to explain the reason I was using Icebreaker all the time. Doesn't that make sense?

So... you may or may not know this... but you can level an item (ANY item) in two or three days (I got Ruin Wings Tuesday night from the Nightfall, and it was 100% upgraded by last night) without ever having to use it.

I play the way I normally play, and load up on bounties at the Tower. When they're ready to turn in, I equip the new stuff, turn in the bounties, and all of that experience gets dumped on them. (You also get experience when redeeming postmaster-held upgrades from Vanguard/Crucible/Cryptarch/Factions, so keep the gear on the whole time you're in the tower.)

Between standard bounties, Eris bounties, and random experience from Cryptarch/Postmaster, I get enough experience to upgrade an Exotic in two days. No playing with unleveled stuff at all!

Yes, I know...but a combination of excitement and determined anticipation for sodomizing Crota kept my Icebreaker equipped at all times. Bouties are a big jump, but shooting enemies with those weapons are also a big help. Anything I could've done to make it faster and further would've nailed it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread