What Was Unsaid (Fan Creations)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 04:12 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Thaliart was broken from his contemplation by Fixari-12 poking him in the side. "I bet I know what you're thinking," she said in an amused tone.

He resisted the urge for a rude gesture. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mmm. Staring at Cayle-6 like that."

"I'm just waiting for Lord Shaxx to get done so that I can talk to him about Jorgl's entrance into the Crucible." He glanced at her. "I'm against it, by the way."

"Of course, of course. You wouldn't be thinking about Cayle's adventure on Luna."

He was silent for a moment before turning his head to look at the Hunter mentor again. "Nope. And definitely not thinking about certain... similarities."

She folded her arms, following his gaze. "Nor about how it would be an excellent cover for him somehow leaving the tower. Any actions he might take being blamed on a mysterious Exo."

"Or how he might somehow hack the archives to put reports in about said Exo, so it looked like they'd appeared many times before."

"Quite preposterous."

"Not the word I'd use, but yeah, pretty much." He turned to look at her. It was nice to know at least one Warlock was familiar with the rumor. Not that anybody could ever prove it. Or would want to. Still, he felt some degree of irritation over her talking to him about it where others might overhear. Impulsively, he decided for some payback. "So, when are you going to make an honest man out of-"

Had someone asked him five minutes ago if Exo Warlocks could shoot Arc energy out of their eyes powerful enough to melt the Wall, he would have said with complete conviction that it was impossible. Now, with how she looked at him? He was only 80% sure of it.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she said in an icy tone.

Thaliart looked away, sorry that he'd touched a sensitive nerve. Then the absurdity of it all and the romantic side off him flared in anger. Right, there was no way he was letting this stand today. He grabbed her arm, forcibly yanking her up the stairwell and into the commons area. Past the vaults, past the Cryptarch, but not into the hall. Instead, he took her to that quiet, secluded area just off to the side.

"We aren't-" Fixari started, only for him to cut her off.

"Give me. One good reason. One. Or else I'm telling Nikkel." The two of them stared at each other, daring the other to budge. "Ten seconds, and I start walking."

"Don't!" She seethed, she glared with the intensity of the Traveler at its prime. He fists clenched... and she suddenly slumped. "Please. Not that I'm interested or anything, but... Please, don't."

"Why not?"

She looked around to make sure there wasn't anybody near, before moving closer to the edge, where the sounds of the ships going for the bay and the natural wind would help cover their conversation.

"Alright. Let's pretend that I was interested in a human."

"Done."

"First of all, how would I tell him? Second, you know how people look at relationships between humans and exo. They're more willing to accept relationships between humans and awoken, and even then they-"

"Oh, come off." Thaliart rolled his eyes. "Don't give me that. You know he's pretty open minded about damn near everything."

"But the New Monarchy isn't," she shot back. "And this hypothetical human has worked very, very hard for them, earning their respect. At this rate, if they do achieve their goals, he might be made a duke or something."

Damn. He had to admit that she made a good point. "Just want your beloved to be happy, huh?"

"Hypothetically." Fixari narrowed her eyes. "What do you care?"

That brought a grin to his face that threatened to split it in two. "Why do you think I've gotten so good at going down below without drawing attention? There's someone on this tower who's secretly in looove with someone down there, and I'm playing cupid." He puffed his chest out with pride.

Fixari put a hand on her hip and tilted her head. "A Guardian?"

"Not telling!" Thaliart chuckled softly before growing serious. "Still, I'm a sucker for romance. And I might put out some silent feelers to a hypothetical human."

"Hunter," she growled.

"Yeah, don't worry. Nothing like that, nothing to do with you. I'll pin it on someone else. Like I'm having a bit of a crisis on what to think about hearing about one of the girls who helped me when I was wet behind the ears wanting to hook up with an Exo. See what he thinks, then let you know. And then... Well, going from there."

She leveled her gaze at him. "If you say one word, I'll make falling from the tower look like fun."

Thaliart flashed her his most evil grin. Why not? Just to drive the point home, he took a flying leap. He may not have heard her, but he was still pretty sure he had a good idea as to what she called him as he was falling.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread