Yet another PS4 perk: a lazy gatekeeper (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:55 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've played VoG many times now, and yesterday I noticed something and Speedracer said he'd noticed it, too. A standard strategy is to stand in the doorway and snipe the Gatekeeper when you first get to the vault. I kept telling my Xbox team yesterday that that's what we should do, and nearly every time we tried it, he kept teleporting away! I assumed that someone was doing something to trigger it, but after playing with a more experienced team later last night, I don't think so.

So anyway, Destiny is easier on the PS4. Now we know the secret to the flawless raiding thing. Heh.

I wonder if it comes down to positioning? Maybe if you're too far forward, he reacts? We're usually all the way back down the steps when we do it.

It doesn't seem to matter. I noticed immediately that his behavior was somewhat different while the fireteam's behavior wasn't much different. Even on PS4, he'll start moving if you don't kill him with 3 shots of each person's sniper - but on Xbox he starts moving right away, even if no one has even threatened to shoot at him.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread