Named weapons

by yakaman, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:06 (4054 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I was just thinking that after I posted. You can use your Sun of a Gun, but at the expense that it can be looted off of your dead body if another player defeats you. But I don't want to be scared to use my weapon in multiplayer that I worked so hard to attain. Maybe just avoid Multiplayer? But then it would feel like players were "hogging" the cool weapons to themselves. Maybe there is a sizable number of named weapons out there and Bungie will slowly let them loose in the game universe as the story progresses. My mind is racing all over the place with this right now.

I think it's important to understand what "death" is within the game. If I die in "co-op" mode, do I just lay there with a hole in my chest? How am I resurrected? What do my friends see? Do I have to track back to them?

What about in "multi-player"...will it just be like a game of Halo where I can die and re-spawn 20 times? I like the idea of passing unique, mythological weapons around the game universe, but losing it in MP would be so easy. So how, then?

Think about the pressure if you had the one and only Thorn. People would be outright stalking you to put it up for a challenge. But Bungie seems to be trying to unite/unify/heal the online community, not drive it into a frenzy of envy and grief.

Still, it's fun to think about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread