Vanguard and Crucible marks (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 12:18 (3372 days ago)

Before I make myself out to be the idiot I am, is there no other way to purchase items from Faction vendors than by using Crucible Marks? If so, please tell me and disregard the rest of this message!

I'm sure this has been discussed in this forum, but I wish that there was either a currency exchange, or, more simply, that the Faction vendors accepted Vanguard marks. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong (this being the Internet), but it seems to me there are only two vendors who accept Vanguard marks (the class vendor and the Quartermaster) whereas there are five vendors who accept Crucible marks. For those of us who happen to enjoy PvE over PvP, that's a bit of a bummer.

The irony is that I can still rank up with the Faction vendors by completing Vanguard bounties whilst wearing their gear. I can even get "crucible commendations". That's great... except that it appears I still need Crucible marks to purchase items from them.

Why does this matter? Only because I want to become legend in my own way. I'm a hand cannon enthusiast, and I want all my armor to enhance that. I would like to get some boots that carry more hand cannon ammo, but these appear to be available only from Dead Orbit. Full disclosure, I did play some Crucible to earn Thorn, so I was able to purchase said boots. However, that was before the Expansion Pack. All my other gear is post-EP.

It would appear I'm faced with a choice of maintaining my current level 30 status (no big deal since I dont raid as much as I'd like to), play a part of the game I don't really enjoy in order to earn the required currency (meh, maybe if it's with some friends. Wait, I don't have any of those...), or use higher-level gear that doesn't have the features I want (no thanks; give me that hand cannon ammo capacity).

I really enjoy playing Destiny, so I offer this only as an enhancement idea. Besides, I'm sure the Bungie investment gurus are much better game designers than I am.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread