Even better reset method: "Hard reset" (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:07 (3392 days ago) @ JDQuackers

You can restart your Xbox by going to Settings > Power & Startup. Might work better than pulling the power cord.

The best way to try and clear up any funny business on the Xbox One is to do a Hard Reset. To perform this, you go and hold the power button (the glowing white Xbox symbol on your console) for about 10-15 seconds. The system will stay on--keep holding the button--and when it finally shuts off, it will take another 5-10 seconds for it to fully power off before the power button works again. When it comes on, you should see the initial booting screen to confirm it worked.

Being in the preview program gives me lots of opportunities to do a Hard Reset when things don't quite work properly in the preview OS builds

I don't doubt that this is better, but is the initial booting screen you see different than the green screen you see when you restart how I describe?

I use it because my Xbox is normally set to instant on mode, which basically means the system goes to sleep when you cut it off.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread