Finally beat HM Crota twice, got 2 helmets (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, February 09, 2015, 10:59 (3383 days ago)

After never getting the VOG helmet, i got the crota helmet on 2 consecutive runs.

Both runs were PUG groups. First one too less than 15 mins, second one 1.5 hrs. Only reason the second took so long, is that our host was lagging everyone really bad. I suggested going to orbit, but no one believed me (they all blamed bungie) until that guy finally lagged out and rejoined, fixing all our problems. We beat it on the second try after switching hosts.

Anyways, in both groups we had a great sword bearer, and each one was a hunter. The winning strat was to have him activate his super (thus going invis) before grabbing the sword, and us firing rockets as he was jumping on the rock next to crota. while crota was kneeling, one guy kept pinging him with bullets to pull his aggro as he stood up, so that the sword bearer could melee him to re-activate his invis, then we immediately dropped him again. we were able to get him down to nearly half with one sword.

also, finally having a blue scout rifle with "shoot to loot" saved me from using as many heavy ammo synths. I was usually able to get 5-6 rockets from a single heavy drop by shooting it repeatedly before it vanished. if more than one ammo dropped, that allowed me to run back into the crystal room when crota moved to fill it back up. also if thrall down near the sword bearer dropped ammo, i could get it safely from the windowsill .

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread