Aim Assist=magnetism? (Destiny)

by Acheron, Monday, February 09, 2015, 12:44 (3383 days ago)
edited by Acheron, Monday, February 09, 2015, 13:04

Being a halo guy I have always liked the pulse rifles in destiny even though they are somewhat underpowered. My first really favorite was of course the stranger’s rifle very good and satisfying to use in PVP. Then the 3rd or fourth week of the game Red Death was on sale from xur for the 2nd time. I barely got enough strange coins to buy it, and loved also this one. I just felt in the zone also was this in PVP, even though the stability was worse then the strangers rifle. After the TDB arrived I imminently bought three little words, but this did not feel nearly as good as Red Death. I could not understand why. It owns Red Death in stability, range and even has a tiny bit more impact and still Red Death outperforms it big time (in my experience).

I then found all these secondary weapon stats over at planet destiny and did some interesting findings:

Pulse:
Red Death
Aim Assist: 50

The Strangers Rifle
Aim Assist: 40

Three little words
Aim Assist: 23(!!)

Scouts:
Vision of confluence
Aim Assist 69

Mida multitool
Aim Assist: 30

Preadyths timepiece
Aim Assist: 84

Snipers:
Patience and time
Aim Assist: 69

Preadyths revenge
Aim assist: 20(!!)

Broken Truth-LR1
Aim Assist: 56

LDR 5001:
Aim assist: 64

My question is: What does the aim assist? What it feels like is the magnetism (when your sight was red) from the halo games. With like three little words it feels like it is a lot harder to keep my sight on target. Do you have some experiences with some weapons that seem easier to keep on target?

Also where do planet destiny find these stats?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread