Calling all Relic ninjas! I need help (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 09:36 (3382 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

In general it looks pretty good, and you're doing a great job hitting the boss through some tight sight lines, but there are two key spots that look sketchy to me.

At 2:25, you have a full super bar and there is a group of harpies shooting at you. At this point, you try to melee attack them one at a time, take a ton of damage, use the relic barrier/cleanse for a long time, and then go and hide. Lots of time taken. If it were me, I'd have tried a jumping ground slam to hopefully kill them all in one shot, and then single melee'd them down with extreme bias towards ones that were in shooting mode rather than moving mode. Also, I never use the cleanse shield as a shield (which means, if all is going well, I never use it). As you can see in the video, it takes way too long for your health to recover, and you're better off just ducking behind a pillar. Last point: If your super is up, get a clear shot on the templar and blast him. You can easily move to the other side of the room, away from the harpies, to do this. That has the bonus benefit of putting all of those harpies back into move mode.

The other spot that vexed me (puns!) was at 5:00, when you used your super to kill a harpy instead of finding a clear shot to the boss. It was probably just a mistake (these things happen), but obviously you always want the most clear shot possible. After this wasted super, you then did it again immediately, but got lucky that the boss and harpy were close enough that the blast got the boss shield.

General:
- Use the jumping ground slam way more often against the harpies. AoE is better than single target any time there's a group of three or more.
- Great job helping with the oracles in the back.
- Don't spend so much time looking around for oracles (I'm assuming that's what you were doing) - tell your teammates to call out of there's one they can't get on their own, and don't help unless they ask for it or it's convenient.
- Your buddy with the bubble shield should use it early and often. Those orbs it spawns help speed your super meter, too, so there's only benefit. Don't save it for "oh crap" - use it for "We'll never have to worry." This is true for all supers - everyone who can spawn orbs near you should do it as soon as possible (in the video it looked like only the one guy was near you) to generate your super more quickly. It's fine for them to kill harpies with their supers if it means you'll get some orbs.
- Always use the super on the templar as soon as you can (the only time not to would be if oracles are about to spawn or are already up, or if the templar is about to teleport in the next 5 seconds.
- When killing harpies, kill shooting ones first. The moving ones often won't change to shoot mode while you do it. If you get low health, just hide behind a column or, if you're worried about snipers (seemed totally fine - great job by your teammates), run to the other side of the room temporarily.
- Having the other titan so close to your harpy farming zone may be causing them to transform into shoot mode more often than I'm used to seeing. Play with his positioning if you can. It seemed like he was mostly responsible for some oracles? I'm not sure, but the two strategies I like are a) everyone as far from the relic bearer as possible and b) everyone bunched up in a teeny tiny ball right on top of the relic bearer. There's also the cheesy sniper strategy where everyone just stays at the spawn area and covers relic man; that works, too, and I guess is a variant on strategy a. And of course there's super hard mode strat where everyone is assigned a different spot that the templar could teleport to, and tries to stand right there the whole time. But that's super hard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread