Is There Really No End To Harassment? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 16, 2015, 22:25 (3363 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I hate it when Korny's right... but Korny's right here. I've been spammed when joining the tower (it's not nearly as bad as you make it sounds, unless you got 40 messages in 3 minutes, but I understand the annoyance anyway), and a simple "sorry, getting off after this" has made them stop - cold.

I'm really curious why your immediate reaction is to go postal...?

I actually did, since it was from two people at once. But that's just one of those things that's immediately infuriating. It's like you relax at home, then get so many telemarketing calls that the phone's on like, a perma-ring. You unplug the phone line, and it's still ringing. Almost like out of a horror movie.

Yeah, postal is a bit much, but what's the first thought you have when something like that invading you? Some jackass acting like that is not even worth your time. I wasn't going to humor him with a declining message. I knew if I did, it would be an absolute shutdown--and who's to say he won't continue doing it for spite? Yes, this is only the first instance of something of this caliber happening to me, but when blocking doesn't work, that's frustrating and a little worrisome at once.

Personally, I had been thinking about the "Party Privacy" disappearance ever since I first started the Xbox One version in January, and the gamertag list thing since October. This event has just reminded me of those inconveniences.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread