Space Magic (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:40 (3356 days ago) @ ZackDark

Considering that the Mediterranean dries up every few centuries (XKCD did a wonderful comic about this) I don't really know if the tides are affected based on the evidence we've seen. (That and areas such as the Russian shipyards exist in real life. Including Russia, if memory serves me correctly.) It could be a mysterious localized gravity manipulation rather than an adjustment of density. With how much space magic is thrown about, I can't say for sure one way or the other, but that's my best guess.

I mean, seriously. The Traveler doesn't seem to create any havoc on the local weather patterns for crying out loud! MST3K Mantra in full effect. (It doesn't stop me from tying to logic up actual pseudo-scientific solutions that fit the evidence we see, though!)

One supporting basis for my presumption is that if the moon were dense enough to have ~1 G, then it wouldn't stay in orbit for long. At that distance, Terra would begin to morph and stretch, as would Luna. They'd be drawn towards each other rather rapidly, rather quickly causing a rather catastrophic collision that might very well melt the surface of the Earth all the way to the mantle. They would fuse into one, with some ejection being formed, that would eventually form into a new moon.

Funny fact: It's believed that THIS HAS HAPPENED TO EARTH BEFORE. Sweet dreams!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread