New Marathon

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:54 (4023 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Where was this milestone thing said / leaked? I remember seeing something about this a good while ago, but has there been something more recent?

Anyway, I'd rather they not make a new Marathon, at least not if they have to stick to the confusing and technologically outdated gameplay and level design. A direct Marathon copy with modern graphics, no matter how pretty it would look, does not interest me in the least. I get confused, turned around, and lost minutes into Marathon. Worse, I think it would go over quite badly with the rest of today's modern gamers. Why sully its name by creating a true to the original flop?

Now, if they wanted to reimagine it. Update it to make it a bit more accessable while keeping the original's spirit alive and strong. That would be great. Marathon, of course, has a great story and it would be amazing of more people could experience it. It coud be epic. The battles between the AIs. The dimensional jumping. The awesome scifi setting.

In the end though, I've always believed that they already reimagined Marathon in Halo. Cyborg supersoldier, helpful AI, ancient mystery, familiar weapons and enemies.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread