Why we can't have nice things. (Destiny)

by Earendil, Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 22:32 (3357 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I see a couple things that aren't happening to him that happen to be consistently.

1. He gets a grenade thrown at him what? twice? I die to grenades more than twice in a game, which doesn't count the dozens that are thrown and don't kill.

2. The enemy can't snipe worth beans.

3. He gets supered all of once. once. I'm lucky if I go a game, a winning game where I crush the enemy and not get arc bladed twice.

4. He is rarely flanked. For some reason the enemy comes at him head on for the entire game. The one(?) time he's flanked he dies. I'll admit he made good use of the proximity grenade twice, but again, twice doesn't cover the number of times the enemy refuses to line up for me.

5. He couldn't do this with the DBO crew. In other words his team mates helped him out by sucking. The game would have been over at 30 kills if his team mates had been doing anything. With the DBO crew playing with him he'd be lucky to get 20 before the game cap of 20K :)

Not to dismiss his skill. Skill was there, and I realize he probably doesn't get 70 kills routinely, but instead is a good player that through a confluence of luck, team mates, enemies, maps, and heavy ammo managed a game I probably never will. The thought that occured to me half way through and seem to apply, is that the game plays like his TrueSkill ranking was reset and he was given noobs to play with and against. I'm a damn good soccer player when the 12 year olds let me play with them.

Also, that use of dropped heavy ammo the entire game? People like him are why we can't have nice things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread