Farewell Marty (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, March 19, 2015, 20:28 (3335 days ago) @ dogcow

I'm a little sad to see the new 'mute the soundtrack' feature, I know I won't be using it. I guess if you must listen to your tunes instead of the moving soundtrack now you can. It seems silly to me. I would think it would lessen the enjoyment & emotional connection to the game. II wonder what's next, muting the soundtrack on movies so you can listen to your own music while watching the movie? I think the movie would suffer immensely. Seems silly to me, but to each his own.

EDIT: I'd probably be okay with muting the music for crucible, but I think it's detrimental for PvE.

Well, you can reenact this masterpiece now:

You sir, know exactly how to make me eat my words. I have a major weakness for the Led Zeppelonium, the heavy element of all rock.

But after the reenactment I will be turning the game soundtrack back on. For reals.

I definitely agree with your argument though. The only time I feel it's ever appropriate to play your own music over a game's soundtrack is when you're playing Dead Rising. And even then, it's to reenact Shaun of the Dead by killin' zombies to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now.

And frankly, choosing appropriate mall music is a game mechanic there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread