Facepalm (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 20:46 (3289 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 21:04

Vault Space upgrade:
24 Armor
36 Wepons
24 General
old gen consoles lose the compare feature to enable the larger vault.

While I appreciate 16 extra weapons, the best thing would have been to remove the separated nature of the vault, and simply have general spaces!

Why can't I put a weapon in a blank armor space? Just give us 84 GENERAL slots, and we gain so much more functionality without an increase in memory requirements. I mean, most high level players can hold all the armor they generally want on their characters, and have a bunch of free space in their armor spots. Add a way to sort, and boom. Hell, don't have a sort. Even that'd be better.

If you are hurting for amor or item space, put it in the weapons slots. Why is that so hard?!

Also I am baffled as to memory constraints. You are telling me that a system with 512MB of ram can't handle storing any more than 84 items? How the hell is item storage implemented that that takes up so much memory? Item descriptions, stats, and upgrades should be a few KB. Icons should be a few KB.

I am really really curious, but I am glad they are not letting the old consoles get in the way of progress. However, even though this is sold as a short term solution, how are we going to get any better in house of wolves if memory is an issue? I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but this is really underwhelming.

If memory is a problem, I have the perfect solution. You can only access your vault FROM ORBIT. In orbit, how much is loaded? Better yet, it saves loading and a trip to the tower.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread