I'm pretty sure they don't de-load the Tower when Vaulting (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 21:20 (3312 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So there's no way when you bring up the menu to purge 2 or 3 megs of data for the items? Okay then. Again, I'm no programmer but it seems like something could have been done earlier in development to make this work better.

I think you're seriously underestimating how completely exhausted the ram on the 360 and PS3 is just to run these games. Back when Mass Effect 3 came out, a bunch of people complained that Bioware had removed the "holster weapon" animation. Bioware came out and admitted that they had cut the feature, because they were literally 100% out of ram. They couldn't even squeeze in something as simple as a little 10-frame animation without cutting another feature.

Sure, Bungie could purge some of the memory when you bring up the menu, but that takes time. Remember how the 360 menus are already painfully slow? I suspect there's some ram purging going on already. I'm sure 360 players don't want that wait to get even longer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread