This Week in DBO Raids (March 27) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 27, 2015, 11:30 (3311 days ago)

Sorry I'm a few days late with this week's Raid thread... but it's here now! Forgive me!!!

I'll kick things off with tales from our EPIC Crota hard mode run last night. It wasn't a smooth run at all, but we kept powering our way through to victory.

After several wipes in the Abyss, 4 of us finally made it to the final stand at the bridge. Things quickly went to hell, and before I knew it I was the last one standing. I was NOT up on a rock as usual, I was standing right in the middle of the center plate, watching the armies of hell rush towards me. Luckily, I was a Hunter with my Don't Touch Me gloves (seriously, best armor piece ever :D) which managed to keep me alive long enough to sprint across the bridge as soon as it formed.

Next, the bridge section. Again, we had a few wipes. Everyone was just having a tough time staying alive. On the 4th or 5th attempt, I made it safely across the bridge first. While I was dealing with the boomer knights, 2 or 3 people on the far side went down, and the others intentionally wiped. But I was across with a Black Hammer and a Gjallarhorn full of rockets, so I decided "What the heck, let's see if I can make this happen". Next thing you know, I had solo'd the Ogres and we were on to the next section.

The rest of the raid went fairly smoothly until we got to Crota. I was the only 32 in the group with much experience taking the sword against Crota, so I reluctantly volunteered. I've taken him down on Normal plenty of times, but I had never successfully killed him with the sword on Hard mode. Usually I fail over and over until Cody or Cyber takes over and saves the day.

But this time, things were going smoothly. We were wiping over and over, but it wasn't because of me getting cut down by Crota every time (that only happened twice, I think). Just the usual Hard Mode difficulties.

There were a couple particularly funny screw ups:

* Cody blowing himself up with his own Nova Bomb
* Me getting stuck behind the rock next to Crota's platform and missing a sword round because of it.

Our final run had several close calls. Slycrel got smashed by Boomers on our way back up from the Ogre room, but he self-resed and we took out the Oversoul without any problems.

Then, on what was to be our final push with the sword, I jumped up on to Crota's platform and moved in to strike. Ignoring the rocket fire slamming in to him, Crota turned to me with lightning speed and began to bring his sword down on to my head. About half way through the animation, the Rockets from the rest of the team did their job. His swing was interrupted, he knelt down, and I finished him off with my heart in my throat :D

What about everyone else? Any great raid experiences this week?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread