Facepalm (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2015, 16:59 (3316 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Adding features in February that we asked for during beta is not something I consider good. It's too little, too late. It's not just that I feel burned out on Destiny. I feel like I've been burned by Bungie. If the pre-launch PR hadn't been so completely different from the actual game, I probably wouldn't feel this way now, but the hype was incredible and the game doesn't live up to half the things that were said which made me excited to play it.

I think it's just that whatever they do is considered a disappointment.

I really do appreciate that they are doing anything at all. I really do.

However, it just seems they are not trying very hard. Take this, from the update:

Our challenge was to provide an increase in storage that fit within the memory constraints that limit how many items can be displayed on one screen.

Why are they even trying to fit it on one screen? If that's where the memory problems are manifesting, they should just HAVE MORE THAN ONE SCREEN. Everybody and their mother who has requested more vault space or mocked it up with cool videos has had page tabs sorted by item type. Have a page for weapons. Have a page for armor. Have a page for everything else. Let us cycle through them like we do with our roster, character, inventory, and settings menus. It seems so obvious, especially since they say the issue with memory is because it all has to fit on one screen. So don't try to do that!

There are 60 slots now, so we know 60 items can be displayed on a screen. So, have multiple screens with 60 slots each. Boom. Done. Or am I missing something because I don't make games and don't realize how hard it apparently is?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread