Frankly, you are asking too much (Destiny)

by Monochron, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:22 (3289 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I totally agree. Their "solution" is terrible and grossly "inside the box" instead of thinking more creatively. Why not move the vault, wholesale, to your spaceship? Then you access it from orbit, which makes it (a) more accessible since you don't have to go to the tower to swap gear between sorties and (b) it has more memory to play with since orbit is the least memory intensive location in the game.

Add to it Cody's idea for general inventory slots (which should have been a no-brainer) and you'd be sitting on riches.

There is nothing to say that they aren't doing that. But there is no way you are going to get a whole system overhaul like that in the next Month.

I agree, the fix isn't as good as we hoped . . . but I have no doubt that Bungie weighed the possibilities and chose something that they could implement in a matter of months and would provide a benefit. If users were given the choice between a fantastic solution that would take a year or more to implement, or a reasonable solution that could be done before HoW, I doubt the ridiculers, haters, or general fans would have preferred waiting. Bungie realized that releasing HoW without increasing Vault size was going to cause far too much trouble and angst. Rather than let players suffer through that, they gave you something to help you along.

If you want a video game that came out about half a year ago to completely scrap a system and port it over to a new location, then you need to get a better understanding of what goes into these kinds of changes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread