Compare to ME3, CoD, WoW, etc.. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 27, 2015, 23:26 (3311 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd be hesitant to say anything at all about the future, with that kind of rhetoric floating around, but I guess then they wouldn't be transparent. They can't win.

Exactly. As Cortana once said:

"Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it". Basically, don't hype the specifics of your game until you know exactly what you have and can deliver.

Agreed. There were tons of concrete and absolute statements made about Destiny that turned out not to be true. Telling non-truths is lying. That's what the word means. Was it Bungie's fault? Their PR firm's? Activision's? I don't know, but we were lied to. Some of those statements may have been true at one time or another, but they were definitely false before the game was released, and they were never retracted or corrected.

I don't mind them saying "we have plans to do X" followed by "it turns out X wasn't feasible" but I do mind "this game is X" when, in fact, it is not X.

I'll add that Destiny is certainly not the only game that has made promises it couldn't deliver on. It's just the first Bungie game that did. I'll be honest; I feel a little bit betrayed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread