Expanding Misc. section to 24 is a joke (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 27, 2015, 23:47 (3289 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the idea is that, just like a lot of bungie games, you don't get to stockpile everything under the sun to use whenever you want. Sometimes the choices we are forced to make help us to make more meaningful choices.

Not saying this is their design, but it may be.

That doesn't make any sense. There are more currencies in the game than there are slots in the *expanded* misc. section. So the choice is "which form of money do I throw away?" That's beyond awful design. Give me a currency exchange, and I'll take it, but right now I simply can't put all of my currencies into the bank at one time, which is, like, the fundamental purpose of a bank. To store currency.

Eh. I'm pretty sure between the vault slots and the misc section of one character you'd have more than enough space to keep all the "currencies". Would I like to see the Vault further be expanded? Sure! Are you really having to choose what to throw away? Almost certainly not.

Obviously I can hold all this stuff between my characters and the vault, but the point I was responding to said the limited space could be intended to force player choice. I'm calling that out because you simply wouldn't give your players money and tell them to choose Pesos or Ruples because they can only keep one of them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread