Why should they? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 11:13 (3316 days ago) @ Avateur

I wouldn't stand in one spot and pull the trigger even if you were actually paying me to do it. And no, to me it is in no way preferable to playing the actual game. Maybe to you it is... but as usual you don't represent everyone.

You hate Cody. It's super adorable. I get it. You're also ironically being just like him in the opposite extreme. He doesn't represent everyone. You don't either. Same with me. Having a quick glimmer farm for those like Cody is awesome, whether you'd use it or not. There's a reason that loot cave resonated before. This is even neater. But yeah, Bungie's gonna patch it.

Excuse me. I twice made it clear I was talking about myself. Cody didn't. I find myself shaking my head at your false equivalence.

Beyond that, sure, I've been in situations where I needed glimmer quickly. Two iron banners ago I wanted a second scout rifle and was ~1000 glimmer short. I ran the little loop up the cliffs at the entrance to the Cindars on Venus for exactly 15 minutes (I set myself a timer!). But, I wasn't thrilled to do so even though it was less pure grindy that the (awesome looking) stand in one spot murder fest shown here.

Ideally, Bungie would institute a class of missions with a glimmer multiplier or some such thing. Something that encourages players to play while still granting that quick surge of Glimmer that is sometimes needed. First off, I'd like to see the Iron Banner itself be sorta self funding instead of a huge glimmer drain it is now. And for non-PVP maybe some missions where you raid an enemy glimmer mining operation or fight your way to a crashed enemy glimmer hauler. It just seems like there should be solutions that fit in with Destiny instead of players having to "break the game" (please note the quotes :) ) to do it themselves...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread