Why should they? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:44 (3287 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by General Vagueness, Sunday, March 29, 2015, 19:48

I wouldn't stand in one spot and pull the trigger even if you were actually paying me to do it. And no, to me it is in no way preferable to playing the actual game. Maybe to you it is... but as usual you don't represent everyone.

You hate Cody. It's super adorable. I get it. You're also ironically being just like him in the opposite extreme. He doesn't represent everyone. You don't either. Same with me. Having a quick glimmer farm for those like Cody is awesome, whether you'd use it or not. There's a reason that loot cave resonated before. This is even neater. But yeah, Bungie's gonna patch it.

Excuse me. I twice made it clear I was talking about myself. Cody didn't. I find myself shaking my head at your false equivalence.

Yeah, except that it was relatively clear he meant "this is how it is to me and people who think like me [who are correct]", and except for where you said they should patch it, which would mean taking away the ability to do this, which means you think Cody's way to play is less valid than yours-- a neat parallel to him thinking your reasons to play are less understandable.
Personally the last time I didn't have enough glimmer for something was months ago, because weapon and armor upgrades are cheap and most of the stuff I actually buy uses rarer currencies. I have dozens of glimmer increase consumables because I only use them when my glimmer count gets down to a few thousand. When I do want more glimmer-- just in case-- I run strikes and use some of those glimmer increasers.
As to the question, I don't think they're going to change this. The Ishtar Commons is a farm, and when the enemies move against each other it's time to break out the combine, that's how it's been since the beginning. (I've lost hours to that area-- not because I was farming, but because I have a bit of a problem with leaving enemies alive, and when you go there it's rare to not have any in sight or on your motion tracker.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread