Update's Up! (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 30, 2015, 05:56 (3314 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is a very good point. I don't think it's as bad as you suggest, since you have the bars to give you a general sense of the weapon, and again, even showing exact number would tell you nothing about how it performs in the field that the bars don't already reveal.

True, but they give me a sense of how it relates to weapons I have already used before. I know Felwinter's Lie will kill me from farther away than, dunno Secret Handshake, or that Devil You Don't sucks compared to Thorn. It's not about getting a gun as a complete rookie and divining how it plays out, but getting ANY non-Exotic as an experienced veteran and already know how it compares to any other gun you already had.

Still, you are right in that saving up for a week only to buy a dud would suck. I think the solution is either to eliminate vendor gear (bad)

Heh

add a way to test guns in a practice environment like a gun range before you buy (good)

If the game can't even handle the extra Vault spaces without throwing away something, I doubt there's any good way to implement this.

or have a mode in the crucible where you select the guns you can take into the match from a pool of crucible / vanguard gear (best).

What? But how about PvE?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread