Ok lets look at numbers (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:31 (3321 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I started doing some of the math to figure out my percentages, but soon realized all this confirmed for me were things I already knew: that I have a preference for certain weapon types. While I can't think of a way to tabulate this, I think a more interesting set of statistics would be those that indicated how effective you were with a weapon for the duration you wielded it.

For example, I have all of 71 pulse rifle kills in the crucible, all of them on my hunter, and almost all of them were in the last Iron Banner trying to use Red Death or Bad Juju after the buff. If somehow I could see how effectively I used that weapon compared to one of a different type during the matches I used them, that might actually begin to influence my decisions regarding loadouts.

As of now, I only have anecdotal/empirical data to make those decisions and thus choose weapons based on what I find to be comfortable/feels good which creates a virtuous cycle of confirming my own preferences.

I have no clue how you would do this, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread