Well, It's Done! (Off-Topic)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 03:09 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Definitely a dick move. Here, let me suggest something: create a new character, bring it up to level 7. Go into a strike with a 3-person team, have the other two drop out as you get to the tank. Time how long it takes you to take down the tank.

(I'm not asking you to do the whole mission alone - just that one small section. Let me know.)

Getting up to level 7 shouldn't take you more than an hour or two. And it's in the name of science. :)

Well, I took into consideration of whether or not Raflection had fireteam members at any point during the opening 3-phase battle. I didn't know if he had help there or not. To cover all bases, I decided to do the opener by myself as well, while Funk and Last went out to do public events. That one took around 25 minutes. For aural landmarks, I finished exactly 1 minute after the music faded out in the 2nd phase.

Moving on to the Blast--the actual Walker part specified in the challenge. That one DID take a while, especially with the adds shooting and surrounding me quite frequently. I got the Walker's health down to 25% before I got distracted and killed. Starting over, I used my hand cannon, sniper rifle and rocket launcher to properly aim for the legs. For some reason, whenever he got knocked down, he'd IMMEDIATELY jump back up without a chance to shoot at his core. There was a corner I found that got him to stand still for a few minutes, that helped a lot. It did take a while, but I ended up destroying it myself. Took me 54 minutes, including the 1st try.

Since the Walker segment was all that required, I had Funkmon and ProbablyLast come in and take care of Sepiks for me. From the time the Walker fell to the time the mission ended, was about 4 minutes.

And in total...

With solo Mesh Generator, Solo Walker Battle and group Sepiks fight...

1 Hour, 23 minutes.

So it did take longer than normal, and dying at 25% health certainly wasn't good for self-esteem, but it got done.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread