Why would I? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 13, 2015, 01:18 (3319 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Korny, Monday, April 13, 2015, 01:37

I have guns with perks that do the same effect, so that I can do it multiple times at a much farther range, with no need for a charge.

You mean the Impact rounds? Can't think of a gun (besides my reworked No Land Beyond ;) heh) that has a similar effect...

As it exists, It's a wasted perk slot.

On top of that since it's essentially the same topic, I feel the same way about Brimestone.Yea... that's the one that makes explosions. I love explosions but not this perk.

Which is funny, because Bloom is an awesome (and some would say vital) perk for the Voidwalker, and Brimstone is the Sunsinger variant, but I would never choose it.

I think the issue is that the contending perks in the tier are unbalanced in usefulness. Why choose a perk that just shoves enemies away when you could have an overshield just from hitting them? Why choose a perk with limited usefulness (gotta kill them with the melee in the hopes that another enemy is close enough to get hurt by the blast)?

For me, they are both too weak to take so long.

If they were buffed, I'm not entirely sure that I would use them, unless Brimstone came with a perk similar to the Titan's Overload, or if Solar Wind ignited Enemies longer similar to Radiant Will (though I like Red Robber's AoE suggestion). Or heck, combine Brimstone and Solar Wind. You'd be tossing makeshift grenades at your enemies, similar to the way you could do that in Gears 3.

Now that I said that, its time I post another gif or two from the Elder Scrolls Online CG trailer showing how a real magic class (if more powerful, with much less-cool-down, which would brake the game sadly) pushes and burns its foes.

[image] [image]

Arc Subclass for the Warlock. Unlimited---- Poweeeeeer!

... All I'm saying...

PRAISE THE SUN!

[image]

Three things to factor in:

Claws of Ahamkara, which give you double melee charge.
Monte Carlo, which can instantly refill your melee.
And the glorious Purifier Robes from HoW, which cause any enemy killed by ignite effects to explode, effectively making Brimstone useless.

Praise the sun indeed...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread