My concern (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 16:45 (3313 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 16:59

I don't see the contradiction.

If I were to spend an entire day playing a new game, I could take my time, enjoy everything it has to offer, and finish in 20 hours. (for example, I probably wouldn't do that). There is zero difference between 20 hours over one day, and 20 hours over one week. Neither is 'rushing'. So if I were to finish said game in a day, I would no more have rushed through it than someone who spent a week. Watching all of House of Cards in a binge is exactly the same as doing one episode a day. You experience the same amount of stuff.

I have two hunters. I can get double the stuff. So what? That doesn't mean I don't take in everything the game offers me. All it means is I don't want my time wasted, because when you reach the end game, you're already at the end. You've seen it all. Hence, there's nothing to rush through.

It took me 9 hours to finish the Vault of Glass my first time. I know tons of people who went and did it after the strategies were found and did it in far less. And because I did it immediately upon release, I rushed through it?!

If I took my sparrow and sped to the end of every story mission just to get to level 20 right away, then you'd have a point. But that's not what I did at all, both with Destiny and with Dark Below.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread