I disagree. (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, April 25, 2015, 18:15 (3318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I personally prefer not being killed the vast majority of times with a special weapon like it was before the update, now there is a balance in what people use.

Which comes at the expense of making the game far more boring. If you want a balanced game, go toss a coin for a half hour.

The incongruity of this statement with what I said is mind boggling.

Well, a coin toss is a perfectly balanced game. 50/50. Equal chance. But it sucks. That's because real games HAVE imbalance, and the fun is trying to exploit that imbalance while preventing your opponent from exploiting it himself.

Completely missing my point. The GAME is not any more balanced, I never said it was. I said the weapons people choose to use is more balanced. Those are not the same thing. The fact that there is more balance in weapon choice actually makes the imbalance more apparent. Turning a corner expecting to get shotgunned in the face because there's a lot of ammo is less surprising then when there is little ammo. The diversity actually causes moments of being able to surprise your opponent MORE.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread