Iron Banner loadouts? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 27, 2015, 14:35 (3296 days ago) @ Kermit

This week I'm going to try to buy some Iron Banner stuff on Xbone, which means I'm actually going to try to rank up.

Here's my loadout:

Thorn (aggressive ballistics, send it)
Found Verdict (field choke, sent it)
Corrective Measure (field choke, field scout)

Voidwalker (axion bolt, blink, lance, life steal, arcane spirit, angry magic, divine order, embrace the void)

For armor I'm choosing Obsidian Mind and the Crota Raid armor. I don't have a lot of choices that get me to 32, which is one reason I want to buy IB stuff!

Any thoughts?

Kermit

Well. Remember that once House of Wolves comes out your armor options are really going to open up. I'm looking forward to the much more diverse look Destiny is going to take on in the weeks and months afterward. As for your Warlock, I've never gotten the hang of Lance and still don't really understand what Angry Magic actually does even after having smart people describe it for me. I prefer the vortex enhancing perks because it lets a Nova Bomb bake people hiding under a Ward of Dawn.

Overall though, I dislike the Voidwalker in Crucible play. I'm not a fan of the vortex grenade, the splitting grenade is one of the few grenades I don't fear as it never seems to hit anyone, and while the Axion Bolts are distracting and good for Post Mortem kills I find they're often too slow to let you win a battle. Your guns are, of course, going to be great though. :)

For myself I'm doing my traditional Sunsinger build mainly because I use exotic helmets on my Titan and Hunter. I don't have the exact perk list in front of me but I'll be running with the Firebolt grenades which I like for their hit speed (compared to Axion Bolts) and ability to hit around corners. I almost always use Radiant Skin instead of the revive perk. Self-reviving is great but I like the way the increased toughness lets you shoot a gun a little then kill him with a grenade then shoot the next gun and grenade over and over without much fear of being killed.

I'll be specing to max Armor and then Recovery and then it's kinda a toss up as to which option I'll use in the final column.I like Firebolt grenades with the extra burning options because I regularly get kills that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but then I like hovering with Angle of Light in certain situations, but then I like having two grenades because it helps ensure you are always generating another grenade during Radiance instead of the recharge topping out when you are shooting someone.

For guns I'll probably run with my usual loadout of Up For Anything (featuring Third Eye), Murmur in Solar mode (to stick with my fire theme) and Super Good Advice. If for some reason I'm not feeling Up For Anything I now have a second Three Little Words that I'm leveling.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread