Y'all make me sick (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:54 (3277 days ago) @ CyberKN

You shouldn't want to play Destiny like that though (Ok, maybe just supers disabled) because then it would be a bland and boring as what Halo turned into during it's MLG hey-day, or as I like to think of it "Captain Bland's monotonous adventure".

The variety of armor and weapons in destiny are what keep it playable, even if there is a severe lack of gameplay modes.

Destiny also shouldn't have vehicles, or vehicle focused combat, because then it might as well be Halo.

SIDE THOUGHT: What if there was a game mode (maybe FFA style, with Juggernaut\fiesta influences) where your player is dropped into a match with essentially no armor, no perks. Players have to fight over loot chests that give temporary\timed pieces of exotic armor or weapons. You're a hunter, a chest spawns in the middle of the map, you fight off the other players for it and the chest rewards you with a Gjallerhorn and don't touch me for 1 minute, you get a chance to wreck house. Items are automatically applied to your character out of convenience.

-or-

Another mode where all players start with no armor, but there are timed random chests scattered around the map. Players have to fight\race to collect a FULL set of armor for their character before their opponents, and then eliminate them. The more armor you get, the tougher you are to take down. If you go down the player that killed you gets the items (like head hunter) or they could get killed and it resets etc. Chests are smart enough to give you armor for your class, so you don't have a titan getting a warlock leg or something.

I'm just spit balling here. Destiny pvp is powerfully bland to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread