I was discussing this with some people yesterday (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:10 (3255 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:49

I am pretty sure the radar is to make the rounds last a little bit longer. With radar a single person has a little bit of an advantage when their teammates are dead. I appreciate it because it will mean there are more exciting turn arounds like were seen in the stream a couple of times.

I think that runs both ways though; radar makes it harder for a single player to escape as well, because the other team knows where he is. It would definitely lead to more camping; you'd need an objective to force a single player to revive his team or at the very least give up his position.

No radar would play very differently than the way crucible currently plays, but it could definitely give the opportunity for some exciting turn arounds (both of which would, to me, be a good thing).

Well in the situation of a single player being left on a team, not knowing where the other team is can cause them to stay put and hope to catch them off guard (and build up a super). But if you KNOW the team is to your right and a teammate's corpse is to the left you know exactly what you should do. And there will be an objective if people camp too much, once the timer runs out a control point shows up, which if you capture you win.

There are certainly going to be scenarios where radar benefits the last man, as there are just as likely going to be times it hurts them. My concern with radar is really, I think, a matter of preference; it'd be fun to have more inferno in the game for me, as it in general leads to different play, which I enjoy.

As for the objective, lord I'd love for it to be more important. The 'two rounds for a capture' idea really appeals to me; it adds an enjoyable level of risk/reward that doesn't really exist in anything but salvage (and even then, it's still better to retake then to go in first for a relic). Having it spawn after 30 seconds or a minute would really take this mode in a different direction from almost all crucible modes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread